Friday, November 12, 2010

My view from the kitchen bar

So I am at a party sitting at the kitchen bar and everyone is talking around me. There are dishes all over the counter from our recently finished dinner. The kids are upstairs playing the drums as loud as possible and the moms are talking. Then you have the dads who are standing across the kitchen from each other trying to have a conversation over the drums and their wives. And the vacuum is going in the kitchen because one of the ladies is cleaning up the accidently dropped beer bottle pieces. Then there is me sitting at the bar looking around and feeling strangely at home in this loud crazy place. And as I sit there feeling rather content I look around me until my eyes land on Sarah at the end of the counter. She is holding the bag of marshmallows intended for the s’mores wearing an amused guilty look on her face trying to smile at me around the marshmallow she had just put in her mouth. I laughed and grabbed a pen because I had to share this moment with you……

No comments:

Post a Comment